8.18.2007

:: inspiration [ week four ] ::

yummy fabric!!

Sometimes I feel like a little hamster on one of those round, runner-things that you put in cages for them to run off excess energy on! Only, I don’t have tons of excess energy (or brain power, for that matter! lol) at the moment! So much to do and accomplish, so little time! So in an effort to make my life a teeny-tiny bit more streamlined, I’m going to be doing the inspiration posts once-a-week again, instead of trying (and not always doing) to include a list in every post. This is only a sampling of what is catching my eye during the week--my del.icio.us has lots more!

♥ inspiration [ week four ] ♥
♥ kimono-inspired hoodie!
♥ make stickers from just about anything
♥ free bookmaking manual
♥ miss gala’s tips on how to start a blog
♥ one-in-ten auction starting tomorrow!
♥ beautiful knits from the uk
♥ indiepublic: a cool new networking site! (and visit me here!!)

cheers & creativity,
    ♥ casey [ email me ]

p.s. I’m headed off to Califorinia in a couple weeks with the boy, and I’m looking for cheap, fun things to do in and around San Diego. I was out there last summer, but we did a lot more driving, and this time the boy and I will either have to rent a car or take public transportation to get around. So, suggestions about what to do (besides hang out on the beach and surf, which we’ll be doing a lot of!) are welcome!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, fabric. i feel this need to go thrifting... it's pulling me away from anything that needs to be done!

Connie said...

i love seeing what inspires others... great picks

Anonymous said...

I live in San Diego!

you should check out "Cedros" which is the name of a street in Del MAr, a city north of the city of San Diego. They are DOZENS of arty shops, my favorites being The Leaping Lotus, Mistral (a parfumerie), and La Papier Moderne (the MOST WONDERFUL paper store!!!).
Also, check out Encinitas! its a really fun beach town with lots of photo ops :) and two stores I love "Home" and "Flashbacks". They are both very fun resale-ish vintage stores.
And La Jolla is the best too, dang. I love my city!!! ;)

Have fun!!!

xo, Brittan