1.18.2007

five things about me

tea time


Yes, I rarely do memes, but I couldn’t resist this one! :) Leslie tagged me (btw: check out her gorgeous resin pendents in her Etsy shop!), and I thought it would be fun to talk a little about five things I haven’t (I think!) mentioned on my blog before, especially considering last week was National Delurking Week!

[ 5. ] I have a very set routine every morning: wake up, work out, eat breakfast and read the entertainment page in the paper (yes, how intellectual!). Deviation from this norm usually results in a rather wonky day! lol.

[ 4. ] I have a deep love of oatmeal, the Irish kind only please. Some weeks I eat it almost every day, with fresh or dried fruit thrown in for variation. Everyone thinks I’m nuts to eat something so boring, day after day after day. But its really perfect this time of year when there is a chill in the air.

[ 3. ] I love to laugh, quite loudly and raciously actually. Life is hilarious to me, and I figure laughter is better than crying when it doesn’t go my way! :)

[ 2. ] I didn’t get my full driver’s permit until I was 20. (Now I don’t know how I lived without it!)

[ 1. ] I compulsively collect little items: packaging, paper napkins (clean/unused), cup sleeves and such for my design inspiration notebook. Over the holidays I collected every patterned cup sleeve variation from Starbucks. I’m obsessive like that! lol.

Hehe. That was fun--thanks Leslie for tagging me! ♥

I tag: Philo, Cory, Grace, Maggie, and Aubry. Have fun you all! ;)

7 comments:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Cup sleeves, Often i think packagaing it just too pretty to toss!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to 3, 2 & 1!!!

It's always nice to know that what others think as weird "quirks" of oneself is completely normal in others...

Phew!

annie said...

what's your design inspiration book? i would love to see it!

something random: i like when my mom makes pot stickers for breakfast...

Casey Maura said...

Cory: I feel the same way all the time!! I find lately I've been having to be really disaplined and ask myself if I *really* need to keep something. ;) lol. My packrat instincts must be coming out! hehe.

Karen: lol!! I feel the same way as I've been reading all the other "5 things" memes. Now I don't feel like such a freak! *giggle*

Annie: Its a binder with clear sleeves full... er... stuffed with bits and pieces I've collected up over the past few months. If you're really interested, I'll try to get some decent pictures of it. Not terribly pretty, but I just like to keep it on hand for when my mind blanks out and the clock is ticking on an assignment! I'm trying to start in the habit of doing a sketchbook with some of my smaller scraps pasted in. But my consistancy at that has been lackluster. ;)

Stacie said...

I collect cup sleeves too. I usually cut them up and use them with other paper to make cards. The Starbucks ones were great this winter.

sulu-design said...

I love set morning routines - a great way to help us face our hectic days. Thanks for the link - the resin pendants are gorgeous.

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

five things that I haven't mentioned on my blog before:
That I am afraid of dogs.
That I am a night owl.
I love rose perfume.
That I was a very very picky eater as a child.
That I have never done a meme on my blog before.