10.15.2006

a new kind of toy

Between homework and working on my newest batch of stuffies (yes, multiples!!), I finally got around to figuring out what feed service I wanted to use to compile the updates from the non-Live Journal blogs I read. I don't know about the rest of you, but my "to read" list has grown quite big and clicking through bookmarks can be quite a pain in the butt. I signed up for an account over at Bloglines, which is a feed aggrigator that works much like the Live Journal friends page. It lists all the blogs you add to your Feed List and will bold the ones that have been recently updated (it even refreshes automatically, looking for new updates as the page is open! Yay!). You can read them within the Bloglines site or click on the individual posts or blog title to read them on the specific blog. What I love even more about this is the automatic "Sub with Bloglines" button I added to my Firefox browser window (love the click & drag that Firefox allows!!). Rather than going to the blog and looking for a Feeds link and then manually pasting the url into the Bloglines page, I can just click that button and add it to my Bloglines My Feeds page. I love when technology actually makes my life easier! :)

So if you read a lot of non Live Journal blogs, I highly recommend Bloglines for keeping track of updates!

And as a little bonus, here is a huge (dare I say supersized?) list of creative-leaning blogs courtesy of Creature Comforts. Needless to say, I've been having a lot of fun finding new blogs to read. :)

No comments: