11.28.2006

she's murdering the time!

One of my favorite childhood books was Alice's Adventures in Wonderland--I don't know how many times I read it, but it was quite a few! I still go back to reread it about once a year, just to relive some of those warm, fuzzy childhood memories. :) Whenever I see anything with old-fashioned pocket watches the White Rabbit instantly springs to mind. So when I saw this fabric yesterday as I was digging through the piles of awful polyester knits, I knew I had to have it. Aside from the uniquely charming 1960s neo-Victorian flair to the print, it recalls those magical and slightly non-sensical feelings that Alice's Adventures in Wonderland brought me. It is quite a big piece too--over 3 yards. I think maybe a few bags are in order, paired with some heavy linen or twill perhaps. One of my projects over winter break is to make a stash of bags, but I need to sit down and actually design what I want to make!!

vintage clock fabric the evil eye

(Plus a cat picture, click and read my comments on Flickr about it...)

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it: does anyone have any recommendations for iron-on transfer paper? The kind that you can print off designs and then iron the image onto a tee or bag? I just want to get something that I can transfer a simple line drawing with, but there are so many brands I wanted to consult with others before deciding on which to purchase!

I'm hoping to update later this week with some fun vintage images I've pulled from various sources. I've been spending some time lately going through all my antique and vintage papers (and realizing how I really need to figure out how to store them all properly and in an organized manner!), which reminded me of many the inspiring images I want to share with you all.

But, for now I shall probably dissapear for the next few days. I've got a speech to give in my communication class tomorrow. One that I changed the topic for about three days ago and am still not comfortable with at all. Blah. I did so well on my last speech--I'm terrified I'm going to bomb this last one! Plus, I've been feeling very ditzy/spacey the last few days, which doesn't make me calm down any. ;) So, until the weekend: everyone have a good week!!

No comments: