12.21.2006

better watch out...

vintage brocade dress 01


Goodness! This week has totally gotten away from me! As much as I hate to say this, the bangle tutorial will have to wait until next week; I simply cannot get it done this week and still retain any shred of sanity. ;) My apologies if anyone was waiting with baited breath for that... I promise it’ll be up late next week! Anyways, I’ve heard a rumor that Santa is bringing me a new digital camera this Christmas, so maybe the pictures will be crisper and better than my current (old) camera can take!

This week has certainly kept me on my toes. Monday was shopping and then a party at a friend’s house that evening. Which was interesting, as I managed to get through my teenage years without doing one of those “just hang out” parties. Aside from the fact that I knew no one else there besides my friend, I had a nice time. Tuesday was more shopping (will it never end?!), this time with my mom though. Wednesday was a really long day for me. I was up at the crack of dawn to get ready to go to Tyson’s Corner that day. I got my hair cut while I was at the mall (the big one), as it had been looking super-droopy lately. I had it cut much shorter with lots of layers and blown dry straight (I hadn’t seen myself with straight hair in nearly a year!). It turned out very cute: a sort of modern take on the 1960s flip. I just have to get used to using a blow dryer again! lol! We met up with some friends at Nordstrom’s Cafe for lunch and some shopping afterwards. By the time I got home, I was so tired even the grande Americano from Starbucks didn’t revive me. So I just gave up getting anything else done and curled up in a chair with Queen of Fashion and a bowl of popcorn (“dinner”). lol.

I’ve been doing a lot of crafting lately, but alas, they are Christmas gifts for family members who read this blog, so I can’t post pictures yet! But I assure you that I will after Monday. *grin* Speaking of which, as much as I’d like to keep blogging right through the holiday, I think I’m going to take a small break until early next week. If nothing else, the fewer distractions I have, the more likely I’ll get those gifts I’m making done by Christmas morning! hehe! So I bid you all adieu, wishes of a merry and joyful holiday, safe travel, and good times with family and friends!

P.S. The image in this post is my favorite vintage dress. A brocade late 1950s/early 1960s cocktail dress with mink cuffs. I have never worn this, but plan to wear it to services on Christmas Eve. It’s certainly more festive than my usual all-black ensembles! lol! More pictures here.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

oh lovely dress! (came over by way of the kim auction site - your bag is marvellous!) happy holidays!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Clever you!! Happy small break and Merry Christmas!!